Admissions for the 1st round
Deadline for submitting the application for the 1st round
The deadline for submitting the application for the school year 2021/2022 is set for March 1, 2021. Send the application by registered mail on the prescribed form (to be downloaded from here) with a postmark no later than from March 1, 2021. You may also scan the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2021 and document the original on the day of the entrance exam.
The open days will take place on 16 January 2021 and 6 February 2021, always from 3 pm (approximately until 5 pm).
You can arrange an individual visit at the contact telephone number or e-mail (click here).
Entrance examination date for the 1st round
Entrance examinations for the school year 2021/2022 in the 1st round of the admission procedure will take place in the building of the Medical and Natural Science Grammar School PRIGO PRAGUE (Školní 338, 273 08 Pchery) on 3 May 2021 and 4 May 2021. Alternate dates for excused applicants are 2 June 2021 and 3 June 2021. The invitation to the joint (state) entrance examination, which is issued in our system by CERMAT, and other information about the school entrance examination, or the school headmaster’s decision to recognize the entrance examination, will be sent by the school by mail and at the same time by e-mail no later than 14 days before the date of this examination, ie by April 19, 2021, depending on the generation of the invitation by CERMAT (subject to change).
Number of admitted students
In order to maintain a high level of quality of our students and ensure individual approach, a maximum of 30 students will be admitted for the 2021/2022 school year, even despite higher enrolment numbers.
Admission requirements for the 1st round
An applicant can obtain a maximum of 1000 points for all parts of the entrance examination: a maximum of 100 points for the state part of the examination and a maximum of 900 points for the school part of the examination. The pupils attending the first round of the entrance examinations will be ranked according to the results of both parts of the examination. Those students placed between the 1st position and the position corresponding to the ranking of the student placed last within the capacity announced for the 1st round of the admissions for a given programme will be admitted to studies. Those students who will have gained the same number of points as the last listed applicant will be admitted to studies as well.
The entrance examination is composed from the evaluation of the following parts:
1) result of the state entrance examination (a maximum of 100 points),
2) result of the school entrance examination (max. 900 points).
Joint (state) entrance examination consists of two didactic tests a) Czech language and literature (a sample here) and b) Mathematics (a sample here). Applicants receive a maximum of 50 points for the individual didactic tests. The highest possible number of points for the state examination is therefore 100 points if the applicant responds correctly to all the questions in both tests. The school entrance examination consists of the General Educational Prerequisites (samples here). Depending on the test result, applicants can obtain up to 900 points.
Recognition of the school entrance examination
An applicant may be exempt from attending the entrance examination, receiving the maximum of 900 points without the need to pass the test of general studies requirements, if at least one of the following criteria is met. If there is a request for the recognition of the school part of entrance examination according to the following points 4 to 8, enclosing a statutory declaration with attachments is a necessary condition (to download from here). The statutory declaration is an integral part of the application.
1) Average school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.3 (only the school results for the first semester are presented)
2) Average school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.2 (only the school results for the first semester are presented)
3) Average school results of at least the three following subjects (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Natural Science or Geography) in the ninth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.0 and the total school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year does not exceed the value of 1.5 (only the school results for the first semester are presented in both cases)
4) Placed first down to fifth in a regional or district round of a mathematics, chemistry, physics, geography or astronomy competition, or alternatively a competition in Czech language or an equivalent competition announced by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports or by schools (such as the Maths Kangaroo, IT Merit Badge)
5) Passing a certified English or German language examination at Level A2 and higher (e.g. KET, PET, FIN in DEUTSCH 2, FLYERS)
6) Based on the current and documented membership in Mensa Czech Republic (IQ value is greater than or equal to 130)
7) Placed in the top 30% of a logic competition organised by Mensa Czech Republic in a regional round at least once in the course of studies at the elementary school
8) Based on the decision made by the headmaster of the Medical and Science Grammar School PRIGO PRAGUE by exercising discretion in the recognition of type-equivalent or similar achievements listed in Points 4) and 5), worthy of special consideration